I am so excited to introduce you to the blog here at Perfect Pair Events! We’re thrilled to start sharing our weddings and events with all of you! But before I get to that, let me introduce myself. I’m Brianna Calhoun (the one in the middle) and I’d love for you guys to get to know me a little!
If you’re new to Perfect Pair Events then we have something in common; I’m pretty new myself! January was actually my first month as the bridal manager here at Perfect Pair Events, and I could not be more excited!
A few fun facts about me:
• I love coffee (or, more accurately, sugar and milk with a little espresso added).
• I love the color black. If I’m wearing a colorful outfit you can bet it’s time for me to do laundry!
• I’ve lived in the Carolinas all my life, with the exception of a few months in France.
• I’d give anything to be on a plane headed somewhere new right now. No matter what I’m doing while you’re reading this, I’d rather be traveling. Guaranteed!
• I love all things weddings! The flowers, the outfits, the pictures, and, of course, the planning.
• Trend research is one of the best parts of my job. One of my favorite wedding trends right now? Two piece gowns! Keep a lookout on our blog for more up and coming wedding trends!
So to let you get to know me just a little more, let me tell you a story…
About 5 years ago I was doing what every young person has to do: deciding what I wanted to be when I “grew up.” I’m a pretty typical southern girl and did what any southern girl would do, I went to Mama. I knew what my interests were, and what I was good at. However, how to incorporate that into a career was a daunting task for a girl about to head to college! Which school? What major? It didn’t take long for Mama to have a pretty good idea of where I could place my talents. “You should look into event planning,” she said. And as always, Mama was right. I went to school to study art, design, and planning, (and a little French too!). I graduated, and began scrambling. What’s next? What do I do now? I hunted for jobs and planned weddings and events wherever anyone would let me. It wasn’t too long before I met the perfect pair of event planners: Jennie Hess and Kristin Johnson. They were about to go into their seventh year with Perfect Pair Events and, little did I know, were looking to hire someone to take over the wedding division of their business. They graciously allowed me to come to a wedding with nothing more in their minds than having a new assistant to call on, as needed. By the end of that wedding, we had become fast friends and had set up an interview to see if I was going to be a good fit for the new bridal manager position. We’ve spent the last few months of 2016 meeting and planning and going to wedding after wedding, and now we’re here! I’m so excited to be working with two incredibly talented and wonderful ladies! I’ve loved every second of work I’ve done with them so far and can’t wait to see what the rest of 2017 holds for my new home, Perfect Pair Events!
I’d love to get to know a few of you! Drop a comment and let me know who you are and if you’ve ever, or would ever like to work with us! Keep checking in to see some of our beautiful brides and their weddings, event tips, and some fun stories along the way!